Take a trip down memory lane with this classic curried sausage recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800g thin beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 2 cups Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Steamed rice and parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, in batches, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add fruit chutney and stock. Return sausages to pan. Cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Stir in peas. Season. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice and sprinkled with parsley leaves.