How to cook Roast Lamb
Treat the family to a mouthwatering rosemary & garlic roast lamb paired with roast potatoes and peas.
- 1.8kg leg of lamb
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1kg chat (small coliban) potatoes, halved
- 350g (2 cups) frozen baby peas
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut six slits, 2cm deep and 2cm long, into the lamb. Press one piece of garlic into each slit. Place the lamb in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven For 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the potato, in a single layer, around the lamb. Drizzle the remaining oil over the potato. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for a further 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to pan. Add the butter and mint and toss to combine.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Turn potato and roast in oven for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- To make the gravy, place the roasting pan over high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Gradually add the stock and wine, and cook, scraping the pan to dislodge any bits that have cooked onto the base, for 5-8 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Thickly slice the lamb across the grain. Serve with potato, peas and gravy.