For dinner that's no fuss, make classic shepherds pies with a cheesy crust.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500ml (2 cups) Campbell's Real Stock Beef
- 125g (1/2 cup) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 850g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 30g butter, chopped
- 115g (1 1/3 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and carrot, stirring, for 1 minute or until tender. Increase heat to high. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add the zucchini and flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly, until combined. Add the passata, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Meanwhile, cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Mash until smooth. Stir in the milk and butter. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Preheat grill on high. Divide lamb mixture among four 375ml (1 1/2-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Top with mash and cheddar. Cook under grill for 3 minutes or until golden and the cheddar melts.