Sticky Bourbon BBQ Chops
Cooking time- 50mins Serves 4
- 4 BBQ Pork Chops
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced finely
- 100ml bourbon whiskey
- Pre-heat oven to 170oC.
- Cut BBQ Pork chops in half, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the barbeque sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste, water and ginger in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the liquid boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, before removing from the heat and cooling.
- BBQ or fry pork chops on a griddle pan for 4 minutes each side then place the chops into a greased baking dish.
- Stir the bourbon into the prepared sauce and pour half the sauce over the pork chops. Bake the pork chops in a pre-heated oven at 170oC for 25-30 minutes turning and basting frequently.
- Serve hot with extra sauce on the side.
Note: Delicious serve with potato salad and coleslaw.