Summer Chicken Burger
These grilled chicken sandwiches are mouthwatering! Great for backyard get-togethers
PREP 15 mins COOK 15 mins READY IN 30 mins
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, combine sliced avocado and lemon juice. Add water to cover; set aside. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until browned and caramelized; set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place on grill, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side. Place buns on grill just long enough to toast them.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise to taste, then layer with chicken, caramelized onion, provolone and avocado.